Voltage regulator stuck closed.

My Technos water purifier/ionizer refuses to turn itself off. After inspecting I've found a stuck closed voltage regulator. I'm trying to locate a compatible regulator. Where can I find a voltage regulator replacement for this one?

Thanks. FW0128 FQP W 50N06 Details problem see

simoung

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

This is not a voltage regulator but a N channel MOSFET. Datasheet at

FW0128 is probably some production date code. The 'W' seems to be the Motorola logo. So the full part number is FQP50N06.

Hope this helps, Jeroen

Reply to
Jeroen

$1.36 at Mouser.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Thanks for searching. And thanks for the correction, Jeroen, which allowed me to replace it with a Motorolla N-Channel (MTW 14N50E 01, attached to a larger heat-sink) I'd salvaged from a computer monitor. I don't believe that salvaging a part from a computer monitor is professional but it seems to solve the problem quiet fine.

Simon

Reply to
simoung

You'd be surprised. :-)

but it seems to solve the problem quiet fine.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise