Tektronix 2205-What is the "Option 40" feature?

I just picked this up and have no info on it whatsoever except for the above link. The Scope shows it's a 20Mhz scope, the the features list shows 40Mhz option 40. I'm guessing this might be an upgrade, but wanted to know for sure. Granted, I don't need anything that high. If this is an upgrade, is there a way to tell physically? Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
427Cobraman

This does not say, but it is extra info..

borgunit

Thanks for the link to the document. From looking at it, evidently it IS some sort of upgrade, but not listed. I'll keep searching.

Reply to
427Cobraman

The tek site tells you all you need to know. on the back panel will bee a sticker with options 40 or 040. It's not an upgrade as this option was placed in the machine at manufacture. By the way what year was it manufactured? I couldn't find a mention in several of my 80's catalogues.

Reply to
Andrew Tweddle

Well, I didn't see neither and options 40 sticker or anything showing manufacture date. Just the 2205 HK and serial number sticker. It's in pretty good shape, so I thought it might be more recent vintage.

Reply to
427Cobraman