Vizio, no picture

I have  Vizio led tv, model #D43-C1, no picture, no sound, no back light, power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??

Re: Vizio, no picture
power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??

https://support.vizio.com/s/article/D43-C1-Model-Information?language=en_
US

Leads to:
https://support.vizio.com/s/article/My-device-won-t-power-on-will-not-turn-
on-no-power?language=en_US

Which tells you:  "Newer VIZIO TV's that have a white LED power indicator l
ight are designed so that the indicator light fades out when the TV powers
on. If the light doesn't fade off and just turns off then there is a proble
m with your TV."  So, the fading power-light is normal behavior.

Understand that this venue is dedicated to the concept that one should sear
ch out the most complicated, ineffective and least useful response to any g
iven issue - as long as  it is  clear and, simple (and usually wrong). Whic
h depends on the premise that many here have either broken fingers and cann
ot use a search engine for that reason, or are unable to read or understand
 directions, or are otherwise challenged to look for themselves.  And then,
 to take that response and discuss it until the proverbial horse is dead, f
lensed, flayed, jerked and dried.

Good luck with it! Really! And to avoid snarky responses such as this one i
n the future, please tell us what you  have done to-date, try to tell us wh
ether the problem is recent, sudden, developing or any other conditions tha
t may be useful to know, and please also understand that we are some distan
ce away from you and cannot see what you see. So ALL WE HAVE is what you te
ll us.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Re: Vizio, no picture
, power light comes on, then fades away, any help will be appreciated..??
n_US
n-on-no-power?language=en_US
[...]

8 led strips are out/shorted,.. do i look for shorts in the power supply or
 led driver board?? this isn't my tv .

Re: Vizio, no picture

Most late model TVs have LED issues, and it's usually inside the display.  That one you have is a real toilet.  Does the LED harness plug into CN802 on the main???

Re: Vizio, no picture

there are two harnesses that plug into the led driver board #715G7159-P01-000-004K cn801, cn802,

Re: Vizio, no picture

ply or led driver board?? this isn't my tv .
y. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into CN802
 on the main???
-000-004K cn801, cn802,

CN801 is the harness that goes to the LEDs.  If you get no flash whatsoever
 (however briefly), then you most likely have a bad main board.  Even a bad
 LED strip would allow a short flash of the others before shutdown.  The on
ly very rare exception is if this is one of those models that doesn't shut
down the LED driver with an open string, and the customer kept watching it
as each of the 5 strings died one by one over several months.  I've only se
en a couple of models that would continue to run with open strings.  You re
ally need an LED tester (0-300 volt) that are widely available for less tha
n $50.

Re: Vizio, no picture
e:
upply or led driver board?? this isn't my tv .
lay. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into CN8
02 on the main???
01-000-004K cn801, cn802,
r (however briefly), then you most likely have a bad main board. Even a bad
 LED strip would allow a short flash of the others before shutdown. The onl
y very rare exception is if this is one of those models that doesn't shut d
own the LED driver with an open string, and the customer kept watching it a
s each of the 5 strings died one by one over several months. I've only seen
 a couple of models that would continue to run with open strings. You reall
y need an LED tester (0-300 volt) that are widely available for less than $
50.

I have a  GJ2C LED TV Backlight Tester.. and i believe it shorted some of t
he ones i was testing, I was testing some string strips individually, and s
ome led,s came on others didn't, heard a sizzle, tested again, the whole st
ring was dead. so i tested the rest with a variable power supply and salvag
ed six strings, ordered 10 more from ebay.. so do i test the main board for
 shorts before installing them, how would i do that???

Re: Vizio, no picture

ote:

 supply or led driver board?? this isn't my tv .
splay. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into C
N802 on the main???
-P01-000-004K cn801, cn802,
[...]

That tester generally won't damage any strips since it's limited to 20ma or
 so, although I make it a habit of not reversing the polarity of the tester
 ever just to be sure.  While most strings won't be bothered by the tester
being connected backward, there are some that will short out the LEDs, part
icularly if they're already old and have a lot of heat and hours on them.
In any case, make damned sure you remove the harness from the LED strips to
 the main, or you most likely will damage the low side drivers or the IC it
self (in your case, it's a combination processor and driver).

If you had even a few LEDs not light while others did, your problem is most
 likely confined to the back light.  Replace the LED strips with new ones a
nd it should go.  If you used the tester with the LEDs connected to the mai
n you may have damaged the main as well.

Re: Vizio, no picture

:
er supply or led driver board?? this isn't my tv .
display. That one you have is a real toilet. Does the LED harness plug into
 CN802 on the main???
59-P01-000-004K cn801, cn802,
[...]

I changed the strings/strips for the backlights still no pic, only getting
25v dropping to 16v on the connection harness to the backlights, when turni
ng on the tv..

Re: Vizio, no picture
e:

te:
[...]

If you used the LED tester without disconnecting the harness from the main,
 you probably damaged the LED drive IC.  Shopjimmy lists a complete board s
et for that TV at less than $40.

Re: Vizio, no picture
On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 12:13:24 -0700 (PDT), Stu jaxon

Had this in a couple of widely varying makes and models.

So long as the LED loads are seen to be irregular, the unit
probably won't run. If you replace the defective strings with
a constant voltage shunt load of the proper value, or replace
damaged strings, you can see if there's anything else thats
gone wrong.

This form of circuit protection is pretty annoying. The screen
will be visible, so long as a string still functions. I expect
it's a safety issue, with most inexpensive optical screen and
dispersion media having been highly flammable, at one time.

RL

Site Timeline