Video camera's picture turns red. Please Help!

I bought a Panasonic PV-DV953 D about 3 years ago. It was working fine. But, I didn't use it for about 2 years and its been sitting in my closet. When I turn it on a couple days ago, the picture thru the viewfinder and the lcd flip-out-monitor is all red and when i record, it records red. This happens every so often, and its happening alot more. Is there something I can do to fix it? Is the camera broken? Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm afraid if I turn it in to get it fixed the picture will be fine and the technicians won't see the red picture that happens when I turn it on.

Please Help!

Benjoseph

Reply to
manibog

Before doing anything else, verify that the "White Balance" controls are set to "Auto" or match the environment in which your are taking pictures (Sunlight if outdoors, etc).

Reply to
webpa