Vertical Stripes on SAMSUNG 520 TFT

Hello,

My TFT screen started at show some kind of vertical stripes, picture of screen is here:

Any possibility to repair this?

Thanks,

Dusan

Reply to
sukovic

On 22 Apr 2007 07:42:24 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

It looks like some sort of addressing issue. Since the good and bad bands are of equal width, I'd suspect a fault in the least significant bit ... somewhere.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Hi Franc,

Thanks for your replay. My level of electronics knowledge is not so advanced, so I will very much appreciate if you have will and time to explain me those things little bit on a 'dummies' level. I can read electronic blueprints, I can do Boolean algebra, but I've never repaired TV or computer monitor.

Thanks, Dusan

Reply to
sukovic

Dusan: .... and you are not going to be able to fix this one either, and it is most likely NOT economically repairable even by a qualified technician at a repair shop given the symptoms you reported. Some problems can make sense to repair but not this one. Welcome to the world of throw away Chinese electronics. Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie

Dusan: Another thought.... you might want to try another monitor to make sure the problem is not your computer's video card.... or try another computer on your Samsung monitor to confirm that the problem is actually in the monitor. Best Regards Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

Reply to
Sofie