Vertical Instability

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi vs-45607. The problem is the picture is dark, squeezed top to bottom, and it has a little vertical jitter. I've done a lot of research on it, and what I've found is that the 9V regulator is most likely bad. unfortunately I don't know what it looks like. I know I could replace it if I knew what it looked like so I could get the position of the board to order the part. Anyone have a picture of where it is on the board or what it should look like? Or any description in general. I can send a picture if needed. Don't fret, I got this TV for free and I am confident I can fix it if I can decide which part it is. I have the schematic and such for it. I was mainly hoping someone could send and example picture of what it looks like or give a description.Or just confirm my opinion that i think it's a black chip with a heatsink. I do understand the dangers of the high voltage that lingers in the tubes. I have the board removed from the TV. I know the difference from a resistor and a capacitor, but I'm unsure what I'm looking for as far as the regulator. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Scott

Scott wrote: > I have a 2001 Mitsubishi vs-45607. The problem is the picture is dark, > squeezed top to > bottom, and it has a little vertical jitter. I've done a lot of research on > it, and what I've found is that the 9V regulator is most likely bad. > unfortunately I don't know what it looks like. I know I could replace it if > I knew what it looked like so I could get the position of the board to order > the part. Anyone have a picture of where it is on the board or what it > should look like? Or any description in general. I can send a picture if > needed. Don't fret, I got this TV for free and I am confident I can fix it > if I can > decide which part it is. I have the schematic and such for it. I was mainly > hoping someone could send > and example picture of what it looks like or give a description.Or just > confirm my opinion that i think it's a black chip with a heatsink. I do > understand the dangers of > the high voltage that lingers in the tubes. I have the board removed from > the TV. I know the difference from a resistor and a capacitor, but I'm > unsure what I'm looking for as far as the regulator. any help would be > greatly apreciated.

I bet you're wrong. While voltage regulators sometimes fail, it's not typical. My guess would be electrolytic capacitors drying out and causing the ESR to go up. We buy very few regulators but 100uF 25V and 47uF 35V caps in thousand piece bags. I would pay particular attention to any coupling and bypass caps in the sync separator and vertical deflection sections.

Good luck sorting it out

GG

Reply to
stratus46

Ditto

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

News==----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups

If you have the schematic, you should be able to trace the paths on the circuit board to find the regulator, but I agree with the other posters iot is much more likely to be a bad cap.

Reply to
hrhofmann