Zenith P50W38 loud pop

Hello everyone,

I would like to get everyones advice on a Zenith flat screen television. I just received a call from a customer with a Zenith P50w38 plasma manufactured in 2004. He described the set as having a very loud popping sound followed by no picture. He stated that when plugged in, the fan kicks on in the back and the led turns from green to yellow and then to red. Has anyone come across these types of symptoms before with this set? What are the approximate costs associated with a repair like this? I would assume looking for bulged capacitors or pico-fuse would be a good place to start. I would really appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jesse

Reply to
Jstein

Depending upon the type of "pop" heard, it could be an electrolytic cap, an IC/power transistor, or perhaps even the PDP, though that would more likely create a sharp "crack". Any of these would probably be fairly easy to spot... now, the CAUSE maybe not so simple.

Reply to
Brenda Ann