USB drive on celfon

Some celfons don't recognise USB flash drives, others do. I believe it is some arcane setting I don't know. Any Clues?

Sorry for posting here, but this newsgroup has repeatedly proven the most knowledgeable and helpful. I have this problem with BLU celfons, the one I am stuck with now and was in years past. I have grwon comfortable offloading files to a USB drive from the LG 423 I have been using for the past half year and I far prefer it to swapping (and losing) micro SD cards.

I also have other issues with th eBLU, like the touch screen not being accurately calibrated, some fonts being too bright, and so on, so I believe there might be some book or utility to help with all these problesm, only I don't know ehat it is. Most android systems I used a decade ago were rooted, so maybe i want to root all th eones I use today, but am uncomfortable and may not have the time to devote my full attention to doing it right.

Many Thanks.

Reply to
vjp2.at

Which modem BLU phone?

Are you using a USB OTG adapter between your cell phone and flash drive?

Since you didn't disclose which model BLU phone, I can tell if it needs a Micro-USB or USB-C connector.

You might want to ask your questions on Facebook in the BLU phone support forum:

3,300 members, so you should be able to find someone who can answer BLU phone related questions.

Good luck.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

It's not just a 'setting', it's a hardware feature. OTG (USB on-the-go) is the feature that allows a USB socket, like the one on a cellphone, to power a plugged-in device. OTG is compatible with micro-B male or type C connectors. USB flash drives require power, but usually lack either micro-B male, or type C, connectors, so it's usual to interpose a micro-B male to USB-A female OTG adapter.

Reply to
whit3rd

There are some micro SD cards, thumb drives, pin drives, and drives of other terms which are not universally compatible with every machine that is out there. They have a renderer called a Universal Media Server (UMS) which is supposed to match to the drive.

It has the wrong renderer. Here offers solutions to these problems. It also breaks down the ratings by the formats too.

Click on this link below:

You can also format the card to take your equipment too. You can also transfer files from old phone to laptop or other computer and from there to new card.

Another thing to note: Many files (audio, video, voice, data) have something called Digital Rights Management (DRM) that can also effectuate poor rendering or get corrupt (due to aliasing) if it is not removed for the purposes of copying. That is because DRM is an anti-piracy portion of the file and has to be removed before attempting to copy or you may not quite get the file you want (especially for sound, picture, or video information). Just a word to the wise. IBM compatible machines are easier to deal with but transferring apple to IBM compatible is a real challenge.

Good Luck. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Charles Lucas

Reply to
Charles Lucas

Many thanks to both replies.

I was leading to the conclusion that BLU shuts off USB OTG, for which I needed to root. I switched on developer mode and the bootlogger switch. But KingoRoot refused to root on grounds of 0x17ae78 error, and RootEssentials showed no vold.fsab in etc, only a volte-cfg.xml.

I don't get to choose maufacturer or carrier, so am stuck with this BLU C5L with Android 11 running on a reseller of T-mobile. My Prior phone was an LG423 running on what appeared to be a GSM reseller of CDM Verizon.

Reply to
vjp2.at

THanks, finally used MTP instead of OTG. It seems BLU wants you to use MTP and not OTG. It is faster, but OTG lets you use a flash drive when no PC is around

Reply to
vjp2.at

MTP is a fiber optic connector. Do you mean MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)?

Don't give up on OTG quite yet. Try one of the file transfer apps that supports OTG directly:

Jeff Liebermann

Many Thanks

I think I tried most of them

Reply to