UPDATE: Orion TV STV2763 "Dead"

Hi,

If it wasn't for my faulty "hook on clip", which I used to check the outputs for shorts or "break downs", I wouldn't have posted the message below.

There was a short on the +12V line caused by shorted D607 # MTZJ15B (a 15V 1/2W zener diode).

Brad

Original Post:

I have an Orion TV model STV2763 (mfg 11/02) in my shop >that is "dead". No blown fuse or shorted H.O.T. I checked >the loads on the Reg outputs and found no shorts. I scoped >the reg B+ line and plugged in the TV. The B+ would "shoot" >up to aprox. 106V, then slowly drop down to aprox 64V, then >"shoot" up again (cycling). Note: I do not have SM. > > Customer said, "tv was off when they lost power (no storm). >After the power was restored, the TV wouldn't turn on." > Thanks in advance, Brad > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad