UPDATE: RCA TV model 27F520T won't turn on

Hi,

I bought a Sams Photofact 5234 for this TV. With the aid of the schematic, I tracked down the following damaged parts: Q821 2SC4544 (NTE 376), Q820 2SC2230 (NTE 399), D834 9.1 zener 1/2 w (NTE 5018A), R826 10 ohm 2W open. Note: Many other parts were tested. After replacing these parts, the power supply still won't "run", and now the regulated B+ V doesn't go up very much. Customer said this TV played the morning after a storm, but later, it wouldn't turn on. I decided to notify the customer that it will cost more than my original estimate. The customer declined the new estimate. TV is "junk".

Brad

Hi, > > I have an RCA TV model 27F520T, ch M134C (mfg 06/05) in my shop that >won't turn on. Note: I do not have a schematic. > > I replaced IC801, STRW6735 in the SMPS. When I plug in the AC power >cord, with a meter connected to the regulated B+, the voltage goes over +150V >then slowly drops to 0V. I suspect the reason is due to too much voltage. >It is possible there is a problem in the feedback circuit, but I do not have a >schematic. > > Did you have a case like this and what was the cause? > > Note: A service manual is expensive and "justmanuals.com" and >"diagram.com.ua" doesn't have the SM. > > Do you know of any other web sites that sell SMs at a reasonable price? > > Thanks in advance, Brad > > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., > be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.
Reply to
Brad