uPC 1241H/uPC1242H/ECG7101

I am puzzled by a dead audio output stage using a uPC1242H ! DC checks shows 12 Volts on Pin 8 (supply) but Pin 6 (audio OUT) shows 0 Volts (should be ~ 6 Volt ie 1/2 Supply), Pin 1 (audio IN) is 0 Volts with ~ 1 V pp Audio Pins 4/5 are at Grounded . Resistance Checks, Out of Circuit on New IC's and compared to original are identical. Re-installation of new ICs show exactly the same response 0 Volts on pin 6 ! There is not a hint of a signal on pin 6, should show something even into a Dead Short.

What am I missing ? Pins 2,3,7 are all around 1~2 Volts.

Do I have Three Dead Chips !, I haven't seen that many failures at one time in years ?

I always check for a bad Audio Output Chip by measuring the Audio Out Pin and expect it run at about 1/2 Supply Voltage.

A circuit diagram would be nice, but I think the problem in "on chip" so a diagram is really not that helpful.

I guess I am just having a bad day !!

Yukio TIA.

Reply to
Yukio YANO

Wondering does that IC have a mute pin?

Reply to
ray13

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 05:24:26 GMT, Yukio YANO put finger to keyboard and composed:

What do you mean by this? A dead short on the output should cause the IC to shutdown (it has SC protection), so the output voltage would be

  1. What do you measure if you isolate pin 6?

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I might feel inclined to check the filter and bypass caps on pins 2 and 3 respectively, and the bootstrap cap between 6 and 7. There is no mute pin on this IC. You might also try running it with pin 1 lifted, then see if you can ' buzz ' it from this point.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily