Unknown SM 5-pin device.

Greetings, group. I'm trying to identify a surface mount device on some boards I'm repairing, but not having much luck.

The device is a small black plastic rectangular surface-mount device, about 1.5mm x 2.5mm in size.

The pins are in a 5-pin DIP arrangement (basically a 6-pin DIP with pin 5 missing, leaving just pins 1,2,3,4,6).

The markings on the device include "T1|3", where I'm assuming the third character is a vertical bar, though it's possible it might be an upper-case letter "i", or a lower-case letter "L". There's a band on the pins 1/6 end, and 3 small square marks near pins 2,3,5.

I'm assuming this is some sort of IC rather than a discrete component, because the board manufacturer has designated it "U22" (rather than, say, "Q22" or "D22").

Functionally, it seems to be processing a signal and feeding it into the input side of an optoisolator, which then gets fed to a microprocessor.

Any clues on what this is, or how to go about finding out? Searching Google, Arrow, Mouser, Digikey have proven unfruitful. I'm stumped.

(Nope, I can't ask the board manufacturer about it; they consider that "proprietary information". Basically I'm trying to "reverse engineer" the board and make a partial schematic of it.)

--
Cheers,
Robbie Hatley

It's only a little help, but the package sounds like a SOT23-5.

Reply to
PlainBill47

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:49:25 -0700, "Robbie Hatley" put finger to keyboard and composed:

A detailed photo of the board may help, as would a description of its function.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

se

end,

Hi Robbie,

T1 marked are at least the following 5-pin SMDs:

BD45475G

HD74LV1GT00ACM

15_hd74lv1gt00a.pdf HD74LV1GT00AVS same link as above R1121N411B

hth Karl

Reply to
Scheini Karl