Soundcraft Spirit Folio F1 mixer ...

Anyone by any chance got any schematics for this ? I've tried all the usual freebie sources, but without luck. Couple of places are offering them for sale, but owners don't want to spend a lot on the repair, so I'm reluctant to go down that route.

Problem is fairly straightforward, and is around the final mixdown / master area, so that's the bit that I need a schematic for. Buried down between the master sliders, are two s.m. dual opamps. Outputs are equal at the two halves of one of them, but one side is low at the other. Around these two opamps, the area is littered with gnat's-bollock-sized s.m. resistors, and I'm pretty sure that one of these is o/c or high (it's not the opamp itself - I changed it just in case) but because of the awkwardness of the location and the size of the R's, it's a might difficult to see what's connected to where, or to 'buzz' them to the IC pins. It's one of those jobs that 'feels' as if it would resolve in a few minutes, with the benefit of a schematic of the area :-)

Ta all !

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

usual

master

the

jobs

How are the back retainers to the nearby sliders ? Could someone have lent on the top and pushed in the sliders and produced a crack in that area. finger prodding results?

Reply to
N_Cook

No pcb / print damage that I can see. Operation of mixer in general, quite stable. Adjacent master faders look original and free of any stress or damage. Voltages between halves of dual opamp pretty similar. Gain of the 'low' side can be brought up to match the other side, with a wet finger around the pins ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

for

between

the

of

lent

I have a nice old optics part (the rack and pinnion section got worn out) of a Watson Barnet x50 stereo surface viewing microscope for this sort of work, reading SM labelling. The lenses are about 30mm from the object so clears the slider housings and some high power white LEDs for slant or normal illumination to get in under.

Reply to
N_Cook

I have a high power stereo microscope, complete with its base and mechanics, and area illumination, which I use for similar things to yourself. I also have a high intensity white LED set in the end of an old biro pen tube. Very handy for close-in high intensity illumination, or getting some light into awkward places. I might dig it out and have a look, but I'm pretty sure that this is a genuine electronic fault, rather than a pcb damage thing. Either way, it would be a lot easier to track down with the benefit of a schematic for the area.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily