help with prototyping a MSOP IC

hi there guys...
need help in soldering a surface mount power controller IC.
it's a MSOP packaging... the pin pitch spacing is 0.5mm. it's a 10 pin
device.
any ideas on how i can solder wires onto it so I can test it out without
doing a PCB board?
i tried soldering wires onto the pins (using a microscope - and 1mm
soldering iron tip) but... still having lots of trouble...
thanks for any help.
khoa
Reply to
kd
Jaycar have a new range of SMD prototyping boards to suit a whole range of footprints.
Dave :)
Reply to
David L. Jones
Hi Dave,
I can't find any reference to these on Jaycar's website. Can you give me a pointer?
Thanks
Jim
Reply to
JimW52
Ah, maybe they haven't filtered down to Jaycar yet, the wholesale group Electus have them:

Type "prototype" onto the main search page and you'd get the whole list of them:

They also have cheaper looking individual boards here:
Type "surface mount" into the search engine and you'll get several options for these too.
Dave :)
Reply to
David L. Jones
Thanks David, your a legend!!! It's gonna save me heaps of time...
I just destroyed one IC trying to solder it manually with the microscope... hehe.. (and I have shaky hands too!!)
Reply to
kd