help with prototyping a MSOP IC

hi there guys...

need help in soldering a surface mount power controller IC.

it's a MSOP packaging... the pin pitch spacing is 0.5mm. it's a 10 pin device.

any ideas on how i can solder wires onto it so I can test it out without doing a PCB board?

i tried soldering wires onto the pins (using a microscope - and 1mm soldering iron tip) but... still having lots of trouble...

thanks for any help.

khoa

Reply to
kd

Jaycar have a new range of SMD prototyping boards to suit a whole range of footprints.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Hi Dave,

I can't find any reference to these on Jaycar's website. Can you give me a pointer?

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
JimW52

Ah, maybe they haven't filtered down to Jaycar yet, the wholesale group Electus have them:

Type "prototype" onto the main search page and you'd get the whole list of them:

They also have cheaper looking individual boards here:

Type "surface mount" into the search engine and you'll get several options for these too.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Thanks David, your a legend!!! It's gonna save me heaps of time...

I just destroyed one IC trying to solder it manually with the microscope... hehe.. (and I have shaky hands too!!)

Reply to
kd