unfortune TVs disposals

At our shop we're disposing so many accumlated TVs over the time, mostly 25" and few projector light boxes so I need to ask here;

It is nice to recover some bit of money by selling the parts but is there any demand for those? (mostly RCA).

By the way, many needs new fly so that is out but few are not too bad.

I'm wondering about the PTK169 and PTK195 CRT (useable ones even with leaks) is they still worth saving to sell? All DOES NOT have 205064 HV blocks.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Wizard The 169 I would save maybe for another year and also 195,s still plenty out there especially the 195,s Usually when I do a Dump run I need a part I tossed out. Never failed yet..

Reply to
kip

As soon as you throw out a set you'll most likely find you need a part from it, almost never fails.

Still you can't keep everything, some parts may have value, things like projection CRTs which don't have much screen burn, and good projection yokes.

Other stuff I find I can give away on craigslist if I don't have time to fix it, I've gotten rid of a bunch of TVs that way.

Reply to
James Sweet

try your area's freecycle list. or strip the pcbs out and toss the case and tubes to save space.....

Jason D. ha escrito:

Check with PTS to see what board they are buying back.

We roughly offset the disposal cost of CRTs ($.38 per pound here) with board that we sell back to PTS and a few sets that se sell to a group from Mexico that comes around every now and then looking for broken tvs cheap. Luckily, they don't charge use to dispose of boards and components other than CRTs.

I have found that with selective pulling of parts, it is better to not store the old sets. The storage is a poor use of the limited space that we have and there is no way that the very few pulls that we actually need can pay for more sq ft, even cheaper warehouse space.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet