Sanyo DS27214 Power Supply

Got this set in a couple of weeks ago, the owners kid had spilled water down the back and totally fried the power supply. After ordering some original Sanyo parts and installing them, the set powered for a half second and blew the chopper transistor again. Turns out there was a bad zener on the secondary side. Fortunately I had ordered a spare chopper trans, so once everything was patched up again the set powers but shuts down after a second or two. The B+ is way down at 80V, for some reason the PS seems to be over-regulating. Can't seem to find any more shorted components. With the little 4-pin opto-isolater removed from the power supply, the B+ goes back to normal but the power just cycles on and off. Am I probably looking at a bad opto-isolater, or is there something else I'm missing? Anyone have a schematic of the power supply, so I could have something to go by? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Chris F.

Schematic emailed directly to you.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

No electrolytics in the SMPS primary, except for the big B+ rectifier....

on

the

back

Chris F.