Ultra miniature pots anywhere in the UK?U

Or a good keyword for searh engines Well they seem smaller than the sub miniature classification, plain linear or logs, not funny balance pots or vol pots with low vol compensation take-offs etc Body of order 10 to 12mm diameter or edges but length to end of spindle

35mm. I'm getting a bit tired of trying to find

space for sub-miniature size and packing out for the spindle to poke through the chassis. The wipers on these seem so flimsy that the lubricant inside going claggy seems to be enough to lift the tiny wiper wishbones to break contact. The tracks are never worn. I'm reluctant to clear out the grease and replace as they just seem mechanically so flimsy anyway, the wiper contacts must be no more than order of 0.5mm.

N Cook

Rapid Electronics -

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

linear

through

inside

break

grease

Ta, best source so far the Vishay Spectrol ones on Rapid. Strangely the Vishay site datasheets for those 148/149 types don't have the spindle lengths but scaling from the 12mm they are about 25mm and also 1/4 inch diameter. That has solved the pcb footprint aspect. It looks as though I'll have to get a range of them , cut back their shafts a bit and add cut off long shafts from other pots or 5mm or 1/4 inch diameter rod plus ferules for extenders up to 35 or 40 mm, at least that way I won't have the knob mismatch problem of cicular/splined/small D/large D/5mm and 1/4 inch. Just too many variables unless your a manufacturer ordering 1000 or more specials

N Cook

Can you still get those brass shaft extenders (ooer missis!) RS and Farnells used to sell them? I must admit that I`ve extended one or two using shaft sawn off old pots and glue lined heatshrink sleeving.

Ron

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems

spindle

shafts

way

I tend to see only plastic shaft opnes and tend to use ballpoint pen tops , cut down, to bridge the join 1/4 to 1/4 or 5mm because of taper and liberal melting/welding of plastic and hot-melt string. Metal ones i've turned/drilled down brass rod stubs and tapped radial threads for grub screws

N Cook