LP324PW (TSSOP) in stock anywhere?

The usual: Just about to finish a design. When I started a week ago the LP324PW in TSSOP was in stock, now it's gone. Bone dry out there. Minimum leadtime now four weeks. Drat. Does anyone know where to get some? For prototyping we only need a few.

TI offers samples (those aren't free though) and shows stock yet still lists four weeks lead time. Kind of contradictory...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

You don't suppose you might have got yourself on the manufacturers hitlist by bitching about their websites too much?

Anyway, scratches head (figuratively speaking, it's not the lice)... How much would the 'not free' samples cost? I'm sort of stupid in that regard. If I need something I'll walk down the shop and use my own cash as long as that won't violate 'meaningfull' stuff. It's a method that avoids the adminisphere 'meaningless' stuff.

Trying to put things in perspective. You, as a consultant cannot guarantee that your customer is going to specify TI product so why should they pay attention to you when you ask for freebies. If it were designed in and you were part of the 'company' then they might pay attention.

Apart from your own actions..... What you have to realise is this is judgement according to the lowest common denominator. That means Eeyore has filled his boots with freebies, blown them up, and generated no real business.

Of course part of the lowest common denominator is imposed by 'sales' people who really don't have the right to make a reasonable decision. I guess they are just following rules but have a flip over the power.

So, simple thing is..... I'll give you a £50 spend on my credit card to cover it. You tell me how many you want from TI in that price range (minus processing charges from their end) and I'll dial somewhere in the UK to sort stuff out and you get your parts.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

:-)))

Oh, they're cheap. 29c/1K at TI and 45c/1K at National.

No, but I am usually the decisive factor when it comes to which mfgs the client releases in the ECO and which they don't. Only those will be bought later. After that it's the usual haggling and I won't be part of that process.

Thanks, Genome, very kind. But TI is dry for the PW version and money isn't the problem, we'll pay. However, we might now get a few from National (MT version, which works). Not a lot, but at least some. Would be nice if we could find a source (preferably in the US) that has at least a few dozen for sale.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Spehro,

Yes, I see them now as well. But not this morning. Did someone get fired at Digikey after that search engine disaster?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I see 846 of the National version in stock at Digikey, no?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So,

Basically what you are saying is you are a Christian who will f*ck people over for a few extra days of being a Christian and then God will give you an eternity of f****ng people over when you are dead?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

I think the lead time on TI's site shows when the next batch will be ready, not necessarily how long you'll have to wait to get some.

I really, _really_ like TI's site - you can readily see what versions of a part actually exist, and where you can buy some. (and see some strange things, too - for one part I looked at, one package was only available in Europe, while another was only available from US suppliers!?)

Last Wednesday, I ordered a couple of free samples from TI, and received them the next day! - the format of the packing slip and package labels, Digikey's, but had the Texas Instrument logo, etc, but DigiKey's address.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

I think TI has outsourced their fulfilment of sample orders and things like specialized development tools to Digikey for some time. I got a set of boards to do development on a BB instrumentation chip a year or two ago that was shipped the same way. They did something different for the 430 dev tools, IIRC, probably because the volumes were pretty high and they could get a better deal elsewhere. If it was most other locations you probably wouldn't notice, but there can't be that many such businesses in "Thief River Falls, MN".