Panasonic 27"color TV is now black and white

I have a Panasonic 27" TV CT27G14A. Manufactured, purchased 1999 and never had a problem until my last move.

TV now appears in black and white.

I called some local shops trying to get a quote on how much repairing this would cost and got an assortment of quotes varying from $90 to $130 to start (for evaluation), parts additional.

Anyone know what the problem might be and how much it might cost to repair?

Any insight is appreciated, thankx in advance.

Reply to
ally in cali

Moving it around revealed (or caused) bad solder joint(s) in the color processing circuits.

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

That set is known for dry joint on the crystal.

Reply to
kip

Do you know how much this would be to repair? would this be just labor charges? or maybe a board has to be replaced? or is it not worth the effort?

Thanks again for the input!

Reply to
ally in cali

Should be just a labor charge, I would guess under $100. Certainly not a board replacement, good techs rarely ever do that.

Reply to
James Sweet