TV Repair

This can be any number of many types of parts. Proper troubleshooting is required. This will take the proper training, experience, tools, and having the service information.

As for servicing your TV set, take it over to a service centre and let them do a proper and safe job.

--

JANA _____

Reply to
JANA

My TV has no focus, color and general outline of picture is ok. Can it be a capacitor?

Reply to
intpest

Yes. Maybe. Sometimes.

Note the handle.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Yes it can be a capacitor. It can be a resitor. It can be a diode. It can be other things. Take your pick.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Could be a cap.

If the picture is stable.. not zooming in or out.. I'd start with your input signal.

But, also could be a bad divider that is usually built into the flyback... (where the focus control is). Bfore running out to buy a new flyback, check other things first.

Has the set been dropped. A damage CRT can cause all sorts of things like this.. from bullseye color circles to no color at all including no focus.

Since you mentioned no color, you might wanna check from the video jungle back toward the tuner. Or use a Frequency counter to check the color crystal is working... the 3.58mhz one.. near the video jungle chip.

Something else to check is the B+ coming from your voltage regulator or Primary power supply. If it's too low, that can cause poor focus mushy looking picture. But, Usually that may also cause the picture to look like it is bouncing or zooming when scenery changes.. Bad cap in either PS can cause this... Primary or flyback side.

Also, if your set has some age to it or is played alot, you could have a bad picture tube (assuming it's a CRT set). A tube Rejuv'er might buy you a few more years out of it... *IF* you know how to use it. In my repair days, I had gotten a Sony KV-2680R (Same model set that was used in the first Poltergiest movie) that was being left by some people that was moving. A quick tube shot and clean up and the set lasted almost 5 years.... until lightning got it for the 3rd time (sigh... Florida) and popped just about every semi on the board.

Anywayz.. If it's a tv that is out on a porch or patio.. could be just damage from the elements or bug juice on the board..

Unfortunately, you'll need to give a lot more info on the problem for even a hope of a reasonable answer since 10 sets with identical symptoms can each have different problems... ranging from a nice, relaxing, cup of tea afternoon to a "Just shoot the damn dog, I've just taken my last asprin." week.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous