Toshiba TV model CF2668B, CH. 9210 vertical problem

The set has six inches of vertical deflection with severe non linearity and foldover on top. Found one bad .1uf cap but replacing it made no difference. It seems like I struggled with one of these years ago with similar problems and I think I recall that there was a t0 220 transistor near the vertical chip that was the cause or part of the problem. I found one used as a regulator near the vertical circuit and it checks good though. I have no schematic which doesn't help either. Does anyone have any tips on this model and/or a schematic if possible? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 14:09:38 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is this one of those Toshiba chassis with a bad 50V 2.2uF (?) cap near the jungle IC?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

How long have you been at this, anyway?

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

You pretty much nailed it Frank. The problem was caused by the two small brown 1uf caps. One was near the output circuit which I had already replaced and the other was near the jungle IC. I remember this chassis now. Haven't seen one in a dog's age. Thanks everyone for all the tips. BTW Mark, what did you mean by your question, "How long have you been at this anyway"? Are you asking about television repairs in general, or time spent on this particular set? Lenny.

Reply to
captainvideo462002