dead AGPTEK A02 MP3 player (2023 Update)

Above is the link for an AGPTEK player I purchased about four years ago. It has performed flawlessly until the other day when it wouldn't come on at all. On this model, the way to reset is to press and hold the play/ pause button for 30 seconds, but does not work. It has USB port along the side for hooking up to the PC. Tried that and nothing, drive doesn't show nor anything about being recognized by USB. Trouble is that I have a lot of songs on it and before I trash it and start with a new one, I wondered if there was any way to at least salvage the songs? I did disassemble it. There is a 3.7V battery the same size as the LCD display. I disconnected the battery, then tried to hook to the PC, still nothing. Then, I connected a fresh 3.7V battery and still no go. Unfortunately, upon disassembly, the ribbon cable to the display is so fragile that I broke it so even if I got it going again, it would be to only salvage the songs. Thanks in advance for any help. Just want to get its drive recognized by the PC if possible.

Reply to
Runner

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 18:44:49 -0400, Runner wrote as underneath :

OK I think pending any other better suggestions you've only got two DIY things left to try, cold and hot. Its never going to work properly again anyway (sounds like flash memory gone). So just in case its only a temperature stressed connection... Go cold first, you already have the battery out, so put in fridge for an hour or two, connect to PC while cold and see. If no joy go hot, heat oven to 80 C, one hour, try, if no joy try 110 C. You just might get lucky! After that - bin! C+

Reply to
Charlie+

Check any moving parts - switches and connector. Leave battery in, when trying to read.

My sympathies, but don't use anything on flash for permanent storage.

RL

Reply to
legg

=pla-496811197097&psc=

I wonder if manufacturers of late model MP3 players are security conscious enough to cause all memory to disappear once the device is opened. (Like, maybe when Apple phones are 'steamed' open).

Reply to
Transition Zone

Le mercredi 14 octobre 2020 à 00:44:55 UTC+2, Runner a écrit :

I did a video tutorial to disassemble and repair the on/off tactil button if it may help ... :

Mitch Chauvin

I did a tutorial video for repairing the tactil button. You can see how to open the player. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information. Enjoy :

Mitch Chauvin