transmit wirelessly from laptop to LCD TV??

I want to be able to see my laptop's screen on my 46" LCD TV. Is there a cheap way I can do this wirelessly and, if so, how?

Thank you, Sam

Reply to
Sammy Abernathy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Roger Blake (Change "invalid" to "com" for email. Google Groups killfiled.)

The NSA by its actions has shredded the 4th Amendment of the Constitution and has essentially declared war on the American people. Put the NSA leaders on trial for treason, and upon being found guilty, publicly execute them to send a strong message. God bless Ed Snowden! Death to NSA thugs!

Roger Blake

Do you have Blutooth [sic] on both devices? Does the TV have a USB input? You can get Blootooth dongles,

Reply to
dave

I have two older technology devices like this. Great for watching a movie. Reading text is impossible. Imagine a picture with way too much jpg compression. I expect current generation is better...just hard to tell without seeing one in action. Cheapest may not be the best metric.

Suggest you get a demo before spending a lot of money. At lest get advice from someone who actually uses the EXACT model you're contemplating.

Reply to
mike

Connect a video camera to the TV, focus and point it at the laptop screen. There you go! Wireless :p

If you just want to watch video files you have stored on the laptop, a network connected media player would be a solution to access the laptop drive via WiFi. Cheap, you might have one already built into your TV if it advertises itself as "Smart" or DNLA, or similar built into connected Blueray or PVR equipment.

There are also software methods about (e.g VLC) to turn a computer display into a video stream, that may also be rendered by such a media player. Won't be the best in responsiveness as there will be a delay for encoding the stream - so useless for gaming.

And then there's wireless HDMI....

--
Adrian C
Reply to