Toyota wires are thinner

It wasn't me.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

The car is now 4 years old, but has only done a low mileage. It has been fine. I found out about the elecrics when I fitted a tow bar. There is a box in the boot for the tow bar electrics. The box has cables going towards the front to connect to the can bus and two thicker cables to connect to a fuse box at the front. If there is a problem with a trailer electrics a warning is shown on the panel infont of the driver.

--
Michael Chare
Reply to

But mine aren't leds. Nothing in the car is that except maybe a few dashpanel lights.

Very little is related to CAN BUS. I think 2 pages out of 70 or so in the wiring manual. (The wiring manual is about 300 pages. I'm estimating how much of that actually shows wiring. )

Reply to
micky

On Thu, 6 May 2021 06:15:12 +0100, Andy Burns posted for all of us to digest...

The insulation is also soy based which ground rats, mice, etc find especially tasty.

--
Tekkie
Reply to

On Wed, 5 May 2021 21:55:50 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

You should go to the U Haul guy. He will put a hitch on a non-existent bumper and crimp some thingamajigs to any wires available, stereo, lane detection, backup lights, what ever they find and you are good to go >>>>> 8-(

--
Tekkie
Reply to

That would be scary.

Not my video, but my Yaris was the same year, model, and color. I traded it in last year and never did use the hitch. I've got a little flatbed trailer but didn't need to haul anything.

I was going to accessorize it:

The red ones, of course.

Reply to
rbowman

3) lower current requirements of many of the devices on modern cars.
--

Xeno

       (with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Reply to
Xeno

On Fri, 7 May 2021 19:38:06 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

I was behind a truck with them; with my wife. She snaps her head and says look at that and laughs. Remember the guy that got stopped for having a sticker that read eat beaver or something similar?

--
Tekkie
Reply to

Lot of bad jokes about Beaver UT...

Reply to
rbowman

I'd suppose though that longer runs must still be quite thick or the voltage drop across them would be too great. I know under the dashes of some fords they have no wires, its all ribbons like flexible pcbs like yyou get in the screen hinge of laptops. Brian

Brian Gaff (Sofa)

In addition to ribbons made of pcb stuff, I guess its the fact that modern cars use leds a lot more and hence more efficient. Brian

Brian Gaff (Sofa)