Toshiba Toughie

Hi,

Toshiba model # CX21341 Chassis No. TAC 9117

Picture had bottom half missing and top was mostly retrace lines. Replaced vertical IC AN5515, and the 2 bad brown 2.2uF 50wv C301, C305. Both had leaking oil and high esr. Checked C308 100uF 35wv was good.

On power up picture is there but still missing about 1 inch top and bottom. Perhaps someone played with R353 height control. Also the top still has a few spaced retrace lines. Perhaps blanking? Guess I should change C308 regardless but my notes has C308 as 220uF not 100uF. Which is it?

However the bad news is the channel osd is rolling up and down on the right side about once per second. I hope the TA8680N isn't broken i.e. missing vertical sync to the osd. Where does the osd sync go into the Selector ICA01?

BTW checked C449 1,000uF 16wv 12v supply good.

Need help, can't figure out what the bad vertical caps did to the osd or if even cause and effect.

A*s*i*m*o*v

... That was a fascinating period of time for electronics

Reply to
Asimov