Toshiba projector - light but no video

Toshiba TLP-670U. I was given this projector from my boss with the warning that it had stopped working for no good reason. I took it and it turns on, projects light and a quick colour change as its booting but then it only projects white light and I can't see any menus and doesn't seem to recieve input. The on and lamp lights are green and it seems to have no major errors. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on this. Dan

Reply to
Dan

the fan is running normal?speed

Reply to
christianslocum

Might not be a lot you can do. I'd start with the obvious, open it up and check all the outputs of the power supply. If they're labelled it's easy, if not, often you can guess more or less what they should be. It'd also be worth checking for loose connectors.

Reply to
James Sweet

most likely the LCD panel timing IC is wasted. common problem in those toshibas.

Reply to
Mike

darn, I wonder if its even worth getting it serviced then

Reply to
Dan