Toshiba M-5900 VCR tranny running hot.

Is it normal for a Toshiba M-5900 VCR to have it's transformer running really hot even when idling? In march I think, I've got it back from a

6 months lasting repair and I don't know if it is normal for it to be hot like this.
Reply to
antdes45

antdes45: If you are hoping for an intelligent reply you will need to measure the temperature and post it.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie

Yes, I always forget to bring my DMM.

I mean : It's hot, practically enough to burn your fingers. If you leave it plugged enough time, all the cover turns really hot too. You have to let it sit unplugged for 6 hours just to wait for it to become warm.

I wonder if it's normal because I have an IKEA halogen that has the switch after the transformer and it runs @ 45=B0C (outside the case).

Reply to
antdes45