Remove glass from touch screen digitizer

How difficult would it be to remove only the glass(and possibly replace just the glass from a cell digitizer?

Would the appropriate amount of heat soften the adhesive enough to allow removal without destroying the digitizer?

Anyone know how the digitizers are constructed? Glass - plastic - touch screen stuff?

Reply to
Archival

the glass from a cell digitizer?

What's a "cell digitizer"?

removal without destroying the digitizer?

stuff?

I've removed the broken touch screen from a 5" LCD without damaging the LCD.. there was glue between the touch screen and the bezel that had to be heated to soften it.

Fussy, fussy, fussy and the screens break if you look at them sidways. Suggest you replace the entire screen including digitizer if that's what you're asking about.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

the glass from a cell digitizer?

You are an idiot. YOU do not have the aptitude to service your cell phone, much less the 'glass' face on it.

Especially since you are unaware of the fact that it is NOT glass.

removal without destroying the digitizer?

Between the amount of personal time and the expenses of parts, you would be far better off getting it professionally serviced.

D'OH!

stuff?

Definitely not something that is serviceable by a dweeb with the aptitude of a snail.

Reply to
WoolyBully

just the glass from a cell digitizer?

removal without destroying the digitizer?

screen stuff?

All roads lead to Rome

Reply to
brent

the glass from a cell digitizer?

removal without destroying the digitizer?

screen stuff?

Is Brent attempting to out-wooly WoolyBully ?:-)

Good way to become non-existent. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

ce just the glass from a cell digitizer?

cell

low removal without destroying the digitizer?

ch screen stuff?

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

I thought you had filters that selectively screened replies to those who reply to those you have filtered out :-)

Reply to
brent

the glass from a cell digitizer?

Where are you going to get the replacement glass??? Are you sure it's just glass and not coated with patterned ITO to form the digitizer?

removal without destroying the digitizer? This is confusing. IF you're replacing the glass, it's already defective??? If you're removing the glass from a bad display and putting it on a good display, your chances of getting it right the first few tries are slim and none.

stuff? Multiple technologies are available...so it depends.

Cellphones are designed to be CHEAP and disposable. I don't think any phone designer ever gave a single thought to repairing a display. The smallest replacement sub-assembly you're likely to find is the assembly that's glued together. You and the other two people in the world with this desire are not enough to justify the added cost.

Reply to
mike

just the glass from a cell digitizer?

removal without destroying the digitizer?

screen stuff?

WoolyBully wasn't on my shift-cntrl-K list, just on my direct killfile. He is now and so are you. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Cell phones are repaired all the time. The easiest phone to damage is the iphone. The glass cracks just by looking at it. Worse yet, the iphone 4 has glass on the back, so you have two pieces of glass to crack.

One of many hits:

Reply to
miso

So, you agree that replacing the touch screen glass is infeasible and you have to buy the assembly that's glued together to fix the iphone.

Apple iPhone 3gS Lcd Glass Screen Cover with Touch Screen Digitizer, Frame, Home Flex Button, Ear Speaker and Tool

Reply to
mike

It sounds to me like a lot of people here simply do not have a clue but seem to pretend they do. I guess this group all the intelligent and informed regulars are no more ;/

Reply to
Archival

Said the idiot who doesn't even know that this is Usenet, and that line length formatting is standard. Since you access via web interface though, you are clueless about formatting your CRAP before you SPEW it.

This is an electronics group, not a punk too stupid to replace or repair his phone, so he wants to dick with it using his severely lacking prowess in the physical realm.

Bright move, Melvin. Not.

That decidedly makes you the one who is clueless.

Maybe your first move should be to get a phone that has a lanyard on it so you won't drop it, idiot.

Oh, wait... your first move is going to have to be a web search for the meaning of the term "lanyard".

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

He is too stupid to grasp the concept of a sub-component for a serviceable device made in a non-servicable manner. Shudder to think!

As if he could apply the new one without air pockets or other anomalies surrounding the technologies. He didn't even have the aptitude to see that the component is a pre-manufactured, non-serviceable sub assembly.

Then, he jacked off at the mouth at all the fine folks who helped him decide just how stupid he really is. He is batting 1000.

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

You're both not being very bright.

Reply to
FullMettleJacket

to pretend they do. I guess this group all the intelligent and informed regulars are no more ;/

This, from someone using Google Groups? If you're so damn smart, why did you ask in the first place?

Michael A. Terrell

lanyard is an outdoor lan party.

Reply to
mike

Or three LAN feet.

Michael A. Terrell

About 4.5ns?

Reply to
krw

4.5 nymbicle slurs? ;-)
Michael A. Terrell

I'm so sorry you are the byproduct of heterosexual anal sex. I guess you can't help being an asshole, given the circumstances of your birth. It just comes naturally, like the shit that spews from your mouth.

Yeah, go ahead, change your email address. We all know who the real shit for brains is.

Reply to
miso