tektronix 2467

Hi. Anybody out their who can help? My scope died last week as I turned it on. It came on fine and then the 4 horizontal lines slowly faded away (no signal hooked up) and seemed to fall towards the bottem of the screen. - seemed to take about 10 seconds all told. Now it won't even complete the error diagnostics and of course no signal on scope! I think it may be an electrolytic capacitor given the time constant but I am open to suggestions before I pull all the electrolytic capacitors in the darn thing and replace them.

Reply to
jvangool

snipped-for-privacy@telus.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n15g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

first check all the LV power supplies for proper voltage and ripple. The PS uses low ESR 105degF electrolytic caps. don't use regular caps.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Do as Jim proposed and check the LV power supply. The Tektronix

2465/2465B is build very similar in the power supply area. Service manual is recommended. sbc.bama.edu will be helpful for a download.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

Andreas Tekman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

if he had a Dick Smith ESR meter,he woud not have to replace ALL the electrolytics......

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

innews: snipped-for-privacy@n2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

Hi Jim,

well you and me both replace only the suspect electrolytics. But this could be because we both know what we are doing due to experience ,-)

Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

**Would you have a link to that site? I have a sick Tek 2430A.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

The main site: