TDS544A Data Acquisition Board failure

Does anyone have information about repairing a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope (schematics, common failures, ...) ?

Reply to
Christophe Niclaes

Christophe Niclaes schrieb:

Schematics are not possible to get for most of us. See a few older postings covering this here in s.e.

Faults I had to repair myself in a some TDS5xx: power supply (dead SMPS), and a lot of failed caps on the boards.

hth, Andreas

Reply to
Andreas Tekman

"Andreas Tekman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

It is possible that the TDS544A was sold to the US military,and if that is the case,they contract to have component-level schematics included in their "service" manuals.That happened for a TDS3xx series scope model.

How to determine this or get the gov't part number for the manual,I don't know. I believe the USAF PMEL cal labs,if they do still exist,would have the data.If you could hunt down the phone number for a PMEL lab,then they might help.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik