Sylvania SRT 2232X Problem....Worth Fixing

I have a 2003 Sylvania SRT 2233x TV. Yesterday, when I turnd it on, the TV sounded like it powered up, but I got no screen picture. After about 5 seconds, there is a click as if the TV is turning off......although it is not.

Nothing I do will get any repsonse on the screen.

Any ideas of wha the problem is? Is it a DIY job? IF not, is it worth the expesne of fixing or shoud I buy a new TV?

On a side note.....I am very frustrated with all the electronics I have bought in the last 5 years....they all seem to fail. What brands if any do you recommend? Do you get what you pay for?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Reply to
matt

Not a DIY ... requires knowledge and can be dangerous.

I am too. Brands that I used to trust have become shaky. Today, almost EVERYTHING is engineered to survive the warranty period but at the lowest possible manufacturing cost.

Reply to
Charles Schuler