Sylvania 27" TV, Decent Buy?

I don't understand how TV model selections fits in sci.electronics.design. Do you want to know what the various wizards watch? I confess to having a Funai vcr which has been doing fine for 5 years though it only gets an hour or 2 a week. I suspect that some (maybe many) here actually watch little TV. I personally get maybe an hour and a half in front of the Samsung DLP most days. And I WORK in the TV industry, first at a CBS affiliate, ABC network, a manufacturer, post production and duplication. Crappy shows but fun line of work, particularly if you don't have to deal with the news department. Sorry to ramble. Price might be a little better. Watch the sales at the biggies. You do know the FCC will turn off the analog stations 'real soon now' for DTV. Off-air will be gone without a DTV converter box. GG

Reply to
Glenn Gundlach

being

for

screen.

tube was

know

Hi, James. You've definitely posted in the wrong newsgroup. Try sci.electronics.repair.

You should also ask yourself if there's anything on the tube worth watching. ;-)

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hello Folks,

Can anyone comment on the Sylvania 27" Television, model# SST4274S, being sold at Sams Club for $164.87? I have also looked at the 32" Sylvania for $254.88, which looks like the exact same model but with a bigger screen.

It's my understanding that years ago a television with a Sylvania tube was the thing to have. That being said, after doing some research I now know that they are part of Funai Corp.

Is the quality still decent for a basic tv? How long can I expect it to last?

Thanks, James

Reply to
James

Hi Glenn and Chris,

Thanks for the info. I have posted my message in the other group, sci.electronics.repair.

James

Reply to
James