Speaking of Scientology...

...I wonder who they got to design their "E-meters" (they just read skin resistance, and the Scientologists would have you believe small changes are indicative of your inner gremlins, your past lives, whether you'll get lucky with the hot babe administering the test, etc.):

?

The design looks like something from the early '80s more than the '90s... those huge ferrite toroids seem to just scream that it was done by someone without a lot of mixed analog/digital design experience.

I bet Joerg could design an equivalent with a build price of

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Yeah it's a laughable bunch of junk. It's a fraud, but so is the whole 'religion'.

Two medical scams:

High colonic: The put a tube up your ass and flush the shit out.

Scientology: The put a tube in your brain and flush the shit in.

Either way you get f***ed up and it costs you money but the colonic feels better.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

80 years ago one of the hot design markets was quack medical equipment. ;-)
prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The toroids are OK, it's the dozen multi-turn pots that do it for me.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

??Toroids?? None of the patents show an inductor and the mythology is so strained that one cannot change the design...

Reply to
Robert Baer

1) NOT a dozen, not even half of that...look at the patents. 2) Multi-turn pots are not needed and were not used in the original design...
Reply to
Robert Baer

And is sometimes medically appropriate.

Reply to
Richard Henry

The four here:

... that are apparently being used to keep digital hash out of the analog circuitry.

There are also 9 multi-turn trim-pots in that photo.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

This is not according to the Captain! One *must* use the same almost non-bridge circuitry along with genuine Germanium transistors! Besides, with all of that crap inside, who knows even if it works - it mcouldeasily twist the PCs mind all out of shape and the RFI scramble what little was left!

Reply to
Robert Baer

Don't forget, it was probably designed by the Thetans using time tunnelling technology.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Look, we've just had an unpleasant experience with amateur nutcases from alt.hopeless.brainf**k flooding the forum with s**te. Do you want to get real professional sh*tbags down on our heads? If you want trouble, why not "The truth about the mafia" or "Balls to Chelsea FC" or "Legalize kiddyporn"?

Reply to
Paul Burke

Are you saying that Scientology is a branch of the mafia that hates Chelsea but loves kiddyporn?

Reply to
Richard Henry

To quote Bette Midler: "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke".

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I don't think it's disputed by anyone except the devotees. Wasn't he due to return to life a few years ago after battling Thetans in underground caves?

The real lesson is: if you can start something like this based on such a giant pile of steaming crap, how can you take any religion seriously? You start working back through Christian Science, LDS and all of the rest of them and you can't find a reasonable basis for any religion, ever.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

1) "The truth about the mafia" : A beneficial business org that satisfies needs nobody else wanted to do... 2) "Balls to Chelsea FC" : the line of guys to satisfy her is too long for me... 3) "Legalize kiddyporn" : do that, and maybe the cops will have enough time to eat another donut...
Reply to
Robert Baer

?? Must be a UK thing...

Reply to
SparkyGuy

Cultural equivalent translation: Yankees suck!

Reply to
Richard Henry

That would make sense. Scientology is like axle grease. No matter how carefull you handle it, you will get your hands dirty. They actually called me on the phone to ask me to remove the well know Fishman affidavit which contains some quotes from OTII from my home page.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

URL?

--
Sparky
Reply to

Not my homepage, but it contains a lot more info:

Have fun while reading...