IrDA and infrared remote controls

Can any one point to an Infrared receiver that is both IrDA and regular remote controle compatible.

yes, I know that the original spec's for IrDA are not designed for TV/DVD/Stero remotes. But I am wondering if anyone knows a receiver that works with both!

I want to use a remote control to control my computer with the infrared port and at the same time use it to transfer data to a cell phon and my palmpilot (in-fact, I want to use my palm pilot as a remote control for the computer... so I need a reciever that has a receiving range of over a few meters! (btw: currently, i can use the palmpilot as remote control for the tv without a problem.)

Reply to
davidshook