Speaker into buzzer

Using a PIR sensor to switch a speaker.

Please.. How do I make the speaker emit a tone?

Best regards

Cameron

--
Cameron
Reply to

Drill & tap a narrow strip of plastic so you can mount an adjusting screw on the front of the LS, then stick some self adhesive metal foil on the cone and glue the plastic strip to the front of the LS so the screw can be adjusted to just touch the foil. Wire the LS coil in series with the home made buzzer contact and connect a battery. Adjustment of the screw will find a point where energising the LS coil breaks the contact, when the contact breaks the cone moves back into contact and the cycle repeats as long as power is applied - note its polarity sensitive so if first try don't work try reversing the battery.

Reply to
ian field

you need an oscillator.

that works, and makes an orrible racket, but I doubt it woudl last long with an aluminium contact.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Cameron:

Why screw around with a speaker? ....... go to

and type in "buzzer" in the search..... you will get a look at least a dozen or more cheap buzzers that with various specifications.

Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

- - - - - - - - -

Reply to
Sofie

Common sense always shines through!

I think a your right a buzzer is the answer...

Thank you all for your comments

Best regards

Cameron

--
Cameron
Reply to

Why not just buy a sounder? These are self contained units that produce a 'tone' from a simple DC supply. Using an ordinary speaker isn't as efficient as they are made to handle a wider frequency range. Restricting this range to what's needed can make the unit smaller as well as more efficient. However, if you're determined to use a speaker, there are a number of ICs on the market that produce alarm tones.

--
*It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If you use copper contacts with a bit of bulk, not foil, and fit RC spark suppressoin I expect it would work reliably.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Maybe I took the OP's subject line too literally, but that is what was asked for!

Reply to
ian field