ultrasonic speaker simple amplifier

Hi

I am using a simple 555 timer to create a 20khz + square wave feeding into an 8 ohm super tweeter rated up to 40Khz. I'd like to raise the power output on the speaker above what I get from the 555 timer pin 3 output.

I am using the tone generator circuit show here:

Help on the output circuit to switch a power transistor with the speaker would be appreciated.

Reply to
Infundibulum

Maybe a split power supply + class C? push pull power stage. IIRC..class C is without bias.. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

On May 30, 5:03?pm, "Infundibulum" wrote: ?I'd like to raise the power

You could try a National Semiconductor LM4950 audio amp. Single supply, easy to hook up. Gain is set with programming resistors. Up to 7 Watts in bridge mono mode.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

into

power

output.

speaker

If you are using your ultrasonic sound generator for deterring dogs etc, a single tone may not be effective. A kit for a dog silencer as shown here uses a multiple frequency pattern

and may be more effective and economical.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

You will not get anything out until you apply a voltage source.

I have used 18 volts for this type circuit, two 9 volt batteries. The piezo can take up to an equivalant 35 volts RMS If there was a way to push pull two 555's, that would be nice.

greg

Reply to
GregS

You can also use a transformer. You can use a 9 volt sorce and take the output to a Mosfet, and the mosfet can use 4 nine volt batteries, feeding the driver. A modified follower can be used, with a high value resistor on the bottom leg.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Why do you want power at 20 KHz? Dog whistle? Sonic weapon? Phlogistonic levitation?

If it's to annoy dogs, please don't do it. It's not right to punish a dog for the negligence of its owners. If it's barking, use a water spray to shut it up.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It's not right to punish a dog for the negligence of its owner(s).

If this is, in fact, about a barking dog, then make a tape recording of it and play it back at them when _they're_ trying to sleep!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I would use a differential amplifier into a pair of MOSFETS to give a decent voltage out.

Marra

assuming you mean bridge, there is, hook trigger and threshold of b to the ouput of A, and reset to vcc

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen

as

of it

Yeah, that'd be right...

That way the victim can get a double-dose of the annoying barking - which I am sure is just what he is looking for.

Reply to
Ross Herbert