Sony SXRD Problem

Hey everyone.

About a year ago my girlfriend and I bought a 60' KDS-R60X-BR1 TV, and I went found a website which helped me with the colour settings of the tv which were amazing. Well about 2 months ago I turned on the TV and it came on then shut off immediately then where the power button is which always turns green when turning it on, was all of sudden flashing red. After we got it to turn on I started noticing that the colour was getting darker and darker, human faces were more red then the natural colour, I tried messing with the settings but still remained the same. Well today I noticed on the right side of the screen there is sort of a yellow oval that kinda fades into the picture. So my question is. WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM?

Reply to
jupitous_99

Its a Sony. Congrats on your purchase.

Deke

Well, the problem likely _WAS_ a small $0.50 failed passive component or transistor. After turning the TV on repeatedly and leaving it on as more and more components fried as a result of the original fault, the TV is likely now a wet dream for a repair shop. Your repair just went from $60 to $600.

Manufacturers really do TRY to keep it simple... green light = good, flashing red light = JUST KEEP PUSHING THE BUTTON AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN UNTIL YOU SEE AND/OR SMELL SMOKE.

Here's how the story would go in an automobile: well, the car wouldn't start, so I kept turning it over and turning it over. There was a bad smell as my starter began to liquify, but just then the engine caught. Great! The car was bucking and stalling but I continued to drive it. One by one, the lights failed, the wipers topped working, heck even the drop-down DVD in the back would only play dimly! Finally smoke started billowing out from under the hood. Huh, I said as I pulled to the side of the road, this was _SO UNEXPECTED_!!! WHAT THE HECK IS THE PROBLEM?

Take it to a shop and please, don't use it any more until you do! A 60-inch TV must have cost you a fortune, treat it nicely.

Dave

Reply to
Dave