Sony ST-JX435 Tuner

I bought this with the rest of the components (receiver, turntable, tape deck, speakers, &c.) for $15. I'm not a sony fan, but for 15 bucks how could I go wrong. Anyhow. Everything works great except for the tuner. It's stuck on standby. I've gone through it looking for bad resistors, and open solder joints. I couldn't find anything. I do not have the remote, I'm not sure if that matters. It looks like all power stops at a proprietary sony chip, I don't have it open now, or I could give the number. I tried looking the chip up, but it's old and obsolete, so I couldn't find anything on it. Even though the tuner is worth anything, I'd like to keep the original tuner with the rest of the components, so when I resell it later on I can have the complete system.

Thanks in advance... J

Reply to
Sansui Samari