Sony raster

Hi I have a Sony KV35v36 that has a real bright raster when the screen voltage is sct at 200 volts, I tried the chassis on anothere picture tube and it does the same thing, I replaced the screen control, the same thing. Any help would be appriciated. Thank you Vince

Reply to
Vince

Check from the service manual for the proper specs that is required for the screen voltage. I think the voltage is checked with the brightness control at minimum in that set, but I cannot remember for sure.

Going from memory, the typical G2 or screen voltage should be about 80 to

130 Volts, depending on the particular CRT and design. If you have an excessive G2 voltage and the CRT is not shorted out, the fault is most likely in the HV multiplier. In the Sony sets, this is usually a part of the flyback transformer assembly.
--

JANA
_____