led

Hi How much voltage does LED screen o a 7inch TV use? Thank you foor the help I can get. Vince

Reply to
Vince

It=B4s hard to answer your question. What do you want to do? Which model and maker the TV is?

Reply to
lsmartino

Hi! This set is a magnavox kitchen TV DVD AM FM MdlMDR700137 , the screen is dark but if you shine light on it you can see the picture, the contrast and brightness don't have any effect on it , I need to know what kind of source it uses to light up the screen, Thank you Vince

Reply to
Vince

Most of them use CCFL tubes. If you open it up and look at it, it should be obvious. Inverter failure is common but the tubes can wear out too.

Reply to
James Sweet

James Sweet sez:

To add a little detail...

The CCFL is a thin (some as small as 1/4 inch diameter) fluorescent lamp that runs the entire width (usually) of the bottom of the screen. It's usually taped tightly to the screen with copper tape and not always easily accessible. I'd bet it's the driver board (inverter) that has failed. This is much more accessible and I'd test the output of this before tearing apart the display to get at the bulb.

Good luck,

--
Al, the usual
Reply to

The inverter output is highfrequency and voltage and may damage some digital meters.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Easiest to test with another lamp, you don't have to install it in the display to test the inverter.

Reply to
James Sweet