Sony PFM42B1 will not start

This is from Sony's commercial line of monitors from a few years ago, panel made by Fujitsu/Hitachi.

This one tries to start three times and then goes to flashing the LED sequence 6. This is listed as a PDP error, but can mean other failures as well. Apparently, the X-SUS and Y-SUS board were originally sold as part of the panel, but are now available as discrete parts. I get all of the voltages listed coming up ok except the Ve and Vq voltages at test points on the DC-DC board. The chart on this board lists them as +18v but they go negative by more than 100v. All ground points are at the same potential on this and related boards. Sony tech says that these are returns from the X-SUS board, but there is little info on either the SUS boards or the DC-DC board in the manual. Looks like the X-SUS board is bad, but I'd like more info.

Anyone familiar with these or perhaps with something similar from Fujitsu or Hitachi?

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

deeks

Reply to
steve27

Hi Steve27 Are you in Australia by any chance? please contact me if you are. If you are in the US you'll find Sony's service very good (and honest) as they have admitted a problem with this model and are offering to repair it at no charge as far as I'm aware. See this forum for more info ...

Here in Australia they are less honest and much less helpful in regards to this unit. They were happy to take a serious amount of money for is 3-4 years ago, but now don't want to know about repairing them when they are all failing. Good luck with your repair - I hope you get it fixed... its a Sony so its worth fixing. Cheers, Deeks.

Reply to
deeks