Sony LCD VPL-PX30

Hi all, Got a Sony LCD projector, model VPL-PX30 into the shop. Customer claims it sometimes goes into TEMP/FAN warning mode. I was able to verify the problem after about 2 hours of operation. So, any advice would be most appreciated, since customer wants the unit back asap. Could it be fan-speed dropping trigging the protection?

Regards,

Reply to
powerampfreak

Have you tried increasing the air circulation by using an external fan to increase the air flow? It may be something as simple as that.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

External fan shouldn't be necessary and it's not looking nice having such a thing hanging outside the cabinet. I just want to check if anyone knows if the internal fan is having speed control.

Reply to
powerampfreak

But trying to increase the sir flow will at least give you a clue as to what might be wrong. Maybe there's a temperature sensor that is causing the problem.

Reply to
hrhofmann