Sony KV36XBR450

accidentally some one applied 230 volts to TV.The TV blank no power,After checking power supply board found fuse of 3 amps fused.Replaced and checked but blows again what can go wrong

Reply to
pv.ramadas

In that unit there are three switched mode power supplies running right of the main line. One is the high voltage, one is the main chassis power and o ne is the standby. You need to check them all as well as the rectifiers. Th e rectifiers usually won't blow fom that type of thing, but actually the ma in filters migth short out.

Get your DVM and look for short circuits, and do not change the fuse any mo re until the shortis found, all you do is risk mo money when changing a fus e and not finding out why it blew.

Shit like this used to be one of my cash cows. I actualy told everyone else to stay out of those sets because they were beyond them, at the shop. But now, I just don't care. I think I might have a print if you're interested. Problem is I got that virus a while back with the "HELP_DECRYPT" bullshit a nd I lost alot of stuff. Can probably get it back though somewhere.

Reply to
jurb6006

if you're lucky it shorted the MOV's only... check them on the PS board, they look like Disc capacitors ...

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook