Samson XML610 pwr mix

Hi,

Chinese made, 12 input chs, SMPS with Class D amp rated at 2x300W @ 4 ohms, still current model.

One of the above on the bench, SMPS allegedly blew at switch on. Mosfets shorted plus drive IC, buffer transistors etc.

The class D board appears to be undamaged but need working SMSP in order to test as it delivers all the low and high DC voltages. Main DC rails ought to be about +/- 75V.

Anyone familiar ?

Is the SMPS a known lemon ?

The design looks a bit cheap and nasty.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

s, still current model.

shorted plus drive IC, buffer transistors etc.

to test as it delivers all the low and high DC voltages. Main DC rails ough t to be about +/- 75V.

No specific information on that unit, but I normally decide the repair stra tegy based on how many I'll see for repair. Being a current model, there's not a big history available so you'll not know how many more you'll eventu ally see (if any). For the first one, I'd be more inclined to try to find a replacement smps if it's a stand alone unit and can be gotten fairly chea ply, particularly if the mosfet took out so many parts as yours did. If I s ee two of these in my small hole in the wall shop, then it's a pattern and I'll spend 10 hours on the next one to find out what happened, why, and wri te a rebuild/upgrade procedure to make the following ones cheap and easy an d hopefully upgraded.

Reply to
John-Del