Sony KV25F1U

I have a Sony KV25F1U TV which was today knocked off it's stand in the bedroom (don't ask, it involves a puppy, a hoover and the wife - but not in that way!), and although it suffered only very minor damage to the case and seems to work perfectly from a 'functional' point of view however, the picture is now 'green' in the top right hand corner and a pinky/orangy hue in the top left hand corner. Middle top and from about half way down the screen is OK.

I've left the TV off for a couple of hours and then turned it on for the degauss to kick in, which it did, but the picture is the same. I've checked inside and there are no obviously damaged PCBs or anything.)

I'm sure I know the answer, but is this unrecoverable? The TV is quite old, but it was still working fine and I can't imagine it will be cost effective to repair it (new tube).

Any advice from a TV engineer would be appreciated.

--
Plonker
Reply to

The "shadow mask" inside the picture tube is damaged. Only possible solution: Try small magnets, even broken into smaller pieces, & glue them to the back of the tube, (take the back off)! Be carfull, Rono.

Reply to
Rono