Sony KV-X2933E 29" tv, sound gone left side

Anyone know about the ?

Sound started to be irregular and scratchy, sometimes ok, sometimes gone. A kick to the side or top got it back. Later it just vanished.

When I open the box (electronics engineer 18+ yrs back, now IT) and flip up the PCB on top, which does some of the audio, I can halfways make the sound reappear. I just can't locate the problem. Last time I opened it, I didn't have any frost spray, so I didn't get to try locate a possible semiconductor problem. Could be a bad solder too. My hunch is it may be a mechanical/electrical problem in the hinge to that PCB.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

If you are an electronics engineer, I would expect you to know that if you give the set a smack, and something changes in it operation, the fault has to be something mechanicaly loose, or a cold solder connection.

Also, in describing any kind of fault, to have a chance of any detailed answers, you should indicate readings from designated test points in relation to the service manual and schematics.

Your description is something like, I as driving my car along, and heard some kind of a rattle when I drove through a pot-hole. Now tell me what is the cause of the rattle.

This comment was not meant to be provocative. It is meant to show that common sense in the way questions are asked is important in order to have consrtructive answers. This is especialy true for ones who are supposed to have technical backgrounds.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.

True. As I wrote, my electronics days are way overdue. I don't have much test gear ASO... I mostly wrote about my background not to be advised never to open highvoltage devices...

Anyways, I kinda asked if anyone's seen the same kind of problem. Could be something seen in a larger nof those specific models.

And... no offense taken ;)

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.