Help locating source of connector?

This is a female, D-shaped, 40-pin IDC, "flat-cable" connector. It's a bit of an oddity because the pins in the male connector are not square or round pins, but flat blades. Center-to-center spacing is the common flat-cable spacing: 0.10 inch (2.5 mm):

Who makes or carries these? I've searched the usual haunts (DigiKey, Mouser, etc.).

Maybe it's just the search terms I'm using. What terms would you use?

Urgency necessitates finding these by Monday or Tuesday. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

Hi, Dave. I have seen, but not built with the connector you need. When we can't find a connector source, we usually call on TTI, Inc. and find it or an equivalent there. They have offices in most major cities, I believe. At least they are in Portland Oregon.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

t of

er,

tly

Can you measure the blade dimensions? And/or can you say anything about the equipment manufacturer? I would google those terms.

Because of the urgency, I would just replace the connector on the board, and terminate the ribbon, with standard connectors.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Try Harting:

Rich.

Is there any markings molded into the plastic? Even a few letters to indicate the OEM?

Michael A. Terrell

Dave,

That IS an oddball. I'd send the photos to Digi-key or Mouser and see what their customer service departments come up with. I've found them very helpful I'd also add a shot of the connecter it mates with. Take some measurements too.

Lastly, what equipment did it come out of?

Best regards and happy holidays, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

EDAC

makes connectors using that sort of contact.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb (at) telus.net

I found it. Apparently Fujitsu FCN-360 series:

Thanks for your suggestions.

Happy Holidays.

Reply to
DaveC