Old Magnavox - picture failing

I have an old Magnavox 25-inch television, model # TP2525C201. The picture on the screen jitters widely from the left when the scene has a lot of black in it. When the scene of the program I'm watching is well lit (a lot of light colors), it doesn't happen. It looks similar to how it would look if the vertical control were set incorrectly, except that it is happening from the left, instead of up and down.

The set is over 10 years old. I like to tinker. Is there anything I can do myself to fix this? Replace a part?

Thanks for any tips.

Reply to
Dawn

Great old T.V. Replace the 100 uf @ 200 volt filter capacitor near the flyback transformer. Dani.