Verbatim CD-R's are Junk!!

Hello

For anyone who has burned CD's for Music, or Data, I've found VERBATIM CD'S are the worst. The average seek time is > 7 seconds for newly burned discs. I thought I had a problem with my CD-RW Drive, so I cleaned the optical laser with a cleaning CD, then lightly cleaned it out with compressed air. I tried other brands from TDK, Maxell, Imation, CD-R's and they all work fine.

I also looked at the model of my player to make it was MULTI-READ COMPLIANT, and it is. It appears that the stamped out( bright silver surface type) CD's from the Software Companies work the best. The average seek time is less then a couple seconds. These VERBATIM CD-R's, the surface refectivity is very low, so the laser takes longer for it to read the CD. If there was a mechanical problem with my drive, it would of showed up on ALL the discs, not just Verbatim CD-R's but it doesn't. My friend had the same problem with a burned CD I gave him from the stack, and he has a Brand new SONY CD_RW/DVD Writer Drive on his system.

Avoid them like the plague! I'm thinking of dumping these CD-R's and buying some others to replace them. You might have better luck with your machine,model,make etc, but I will never buy these again!!

For those who are wondering which ones I'm refering to, on the side of the blue and white packaging, there is a reorder number# 95028

I wrote Verbatim a Email,I notified them that there could be manufacturing flaw with the CD-R's I got at christmas.

No Reply!!

-Neil

Reply to
Neil

Ive not found a single DVD-RW which works yet, got 4 or 5 different makes, tried on 3 seperate makes a DVD drives, all failed a basic format. binned about 50 of them not to long ago, not even been used, got a load of them left unused aswell, using them for costers at the moment......

chris

Reply to
exxos

Like most cdr mfgs, Verbatim make premium cdrs and cheap, shit cdrs. You've got a pack of their cheap, shit cdrs.

I use the premium ones (they call 'em datalifeplus) a lot and never have any problems.

Reply to
Tim Worthington