Sony G70 projector

Ok were do I start. A couple or three week ago I asked some questions about my Sony D50, to which I did not get any help. So out went the D50. In came 2 G70s. # 1 has good tubes but error 21 so will be a downer. # 2 has over 8500 hrs on it with so so tubes. # 2 is not so bright on video ( both RGB or S video ). The menus and white warm-up along with crosshatch etc. are all plenty bright, but when out of menu or set up it is hard to see anything on the screen. If I look into the lens the picture is nice and crisp on the tube face, just not so bright.

I hope some one can help me this time as I can not afford to through 2 more PJs away.

What I can not work out is why the menus are bright but the video in the back of it is dim. Also when you are out of the menus the video stays dim. Video comes in on the B board but dose it go to an other board first before it comes back to the B board. Then mixed with the menus and sent to the (RGB) C boards. If this is the case then the video is being switched or reduced in brightness on some other board but which one.

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Have you tried posting your questions on

in the crt projector section? There are some very knowledgeable and helpful crt experts there.

Graham wrote: : Ok were do I start. : A couple or three week ago I asked some questions about my Sony D50, to : which I did not get any help. : So out went the D50. : In came 2 G70s. : # 1 has good tubes but error 21 so will be a downer. : # 2 has over 8500 hrs on it with so so tubes. : # 2 is not so bright on video ( both RGB or S video ). The menus and white : warm-up along with crosshatch etc. are all plenty bright, but when out of : menu or set up it is hard to see anything on the screen. If I look into the : lens the picture is nice and crisp on the tube face, just not so bright.

: I hope some one can help me this time as I can not afford to through 2 more : PJs away.

: What I can not work out is why the menus are bright but the video in the : back of it is dim. : Also when you are out of the menus the video stays dim. : Video comes in on the B board but dose it go to an other board first before : it comes back to the B board. Then mixed with the menus and sent to the : (RGB) C boards. : If this is the case then the video is being switched or reduced in : brightness on some other board but which one.

: Graham

Reply to
kmy